The managing shareholder at WFJ, Michael DuPont leads a talented team of professionals who serve a broad range of clients — be they individuals, small businesses or Fortune 100 companies — in innovative and forward-thinking ways. He grew up wanting to be a lawyer, believing it was his duty to “protect those who need protection,” and that a career in law was the best way to do so. Now, he uses that passion to help clients solve problems in the complex commercial and residential construction markets. Michael is currently one of our attorneys accepting preference action cases.
Michael leads a full life outside WFJ, as well. A father to three wonderful kids, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, salt-water fishing, golfing and reading a good book.
- American Bar Association (Forum Committee on Construction Law)
- Commercial Law League of America
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1995
- St. John’s University (B.S. 1989)
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D. 1993)
- A Synopsis of Revisions to Article Nine of the Uniform Commercial Code, Business Credit, July/August, 2001
- Contract Formation and the Impact of Contingent Payment Provisions, Business Credit, March 2002
- Hurtig v. Gabrielson, 525 N.W. 2d 612 (Minn. App., 1995)
- Carolina Holdings Midwest, LLC v. James A. Copouls, et al., 658 N.W. 2d 236 (Minn. App. 2003)