The managing shareholder at WFJ, Michael DuPont leads a talented team of professionals who serve a broad range of clients — be they individuals, small businesses or Fortune 100 companies — in innovative and forward-thinking ways. He grew up wanting to be a lawyer, believing it was his duty to “protect those who need protection,” and that a career in law was the best way to do so. Now, he uses that passion to help clients solve problems in the complex commercial and residential construction markets.
Michael leads a full life outside WFJ, as well. A father to three wonderful kids, he enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, salt-water fishing, golfing and reading a good book.
- American Bar Association (Forum Committee on Construction Law)
- Commercial Law League of America
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota, 1993
- U.S. District Court, District of Minnesota, 1995
- St. John’s University (B.S. 1989)
- William Mitchell College of Law (J.D. 1993)
- A Synopsis of Revisions to Article Nine of the Uniform Commercial Code, Business Credit, July/August, 2001
- Contract Formation and the Impact of Contingent Payment Provisions, Business Credit, March 2002
- Hurtig v. Gabrielson, 525 N.W. 2d 612 (Minn. App., 1995)
- Carolina Holdings Midwest, LLC v. James A. Copouls, et al., 658 N.W. 2d 236 (Minn. App. 2003)